Thursday, November 1, 2007

The Big Freaking Idea? (Not!)

We're often asked for a big idea when pitching new business and keeping existing business. Everyone seems to want to get the next best thing since sliced bread, and then, not want to pay for it. Let's forget the money for a minute for something far more important - the big idea itself.

We've been around the block a few times and been asked for the big freaking idea --- at the expense of sounding like a jaded PR guru, I maintain, there's no such thing any longer. The last big freaking idea I saw was when Bill Gates conquered the CN Tower in Toronto and I bet that costs oodles of dough.

Rather, I hold that the big freaking idea is actually a collective of far smaller initiatives, that while perhaps each may lack punch by themselves, when grouped together can be very impactful.

It's the new way of thinking and I like these new ways a lot over the old ways of thinking

No comments: