Wednesday, October 21, 2009

When is a cold drink hot?


So, I am sitting at the Second Cup at Bathurst and Lawrence. I look at the menu, and specifically at the "Iced Sensations" menu board. My eye falls on a moccaccino, under the heading "Iced Europeans". I order it

It's pretty normal to think that I would be in for something cold I would think. Not!

A minute or two later the attractive server hands me a piping hot drink. Huh? It smelled delicious, but not what I wanted

"But", I said. "I ordered it from the menu reading 'Iced Sensations'". Too true.

You see, it's really confusing.

The server was really helpful and when I explained myself, she well understood.

Hastily she took it back and made me what I wanted (an iced moccaccino). Now that's service with a smile.

Although I was confused, and for a while I had problems logging onto the wi-fi here, I will be back.

And if you're wondering if I was imagining it, I would invite you to visit the Second Cup on the north-west corner of Bathurst and Lawrence streets in Toronto. The drinks are good, the servers are friendly and the location is right.

Bottoms Up, as I drain the delicious iced drink from my cup. I'll be back!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A nice marketing moment that I happened to be an e-mail witness to. John and I were in an e-dialogue when this happened. It was a real-time lesson & a brilliant chuckle. So is communication and marketing an art or a science?? All I can say John ... it's definitely better than getting a hot drink COLD!