Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Honesty's not out of fashion yet

One thing for sure - business is tough right now - for everyone. It's like show me someone who is making more this year than last, and I'll show you a liar. Sadly, the PR biz is riddled with those types. It's like, "How's business?". "Un-freakin'-believable!!!" Yeah right. I'm not that stupid.

So, it was really refreshing last week, when I got this email in response to an email I had sent a few days earlier (from Cindy, a freelancer we use on occasion) --- just to say hi.

"John: Thanks for the patience in waiting on my reply, which of course, is embarrassingly tardy. But as for an answer to your question, I'm going through one of those seasons in life that you put one foot in front of the other every single day, lie down at night, and do it all over again the next. And every day you get through can be counted a success. Not much fun right now, but hopefully the big picture will provide some serious character building and fruit for years to come. Probably not what you wanted to hear, but no one will ever accuse me of being dishonest or avoidant. After all, isn't that the only way to live life--honestly? And how are you and your business these days? Hope all is well."

Cindy, thanks for the note. I am pleased to say that good old fashioned honesty is still as fashionable as ever!

No comments: