Monday, July 14, 2008

Starbucks - what are ya thinking?

Make no mistake, I am not a tree-hugger ... not by any stretch of the imagination. I still consume what I need, enjoy a good piece of meat, but one thing that I will say, is that I am socially aware and in fact, waste very little.

Pardon the pun, but I have a big beef with Starbucks. Why is it that whenever I go to any Starbucks, and I have gone to approximately 20 in the past 60 days, my hot beverage is double-cupped? In other words, they use 2 cups for every hot drink. If the drink is heated to like a gazillion degrees, is that really necessary? Is hot simply not hot enough?

Just do the math and you'll see the hundreds of millions of cups Starbucks uses every year. Now double that!

Get my picture? I bet.

For a company that prides itself on caring for the environment, I'd be interested in knowing their rationale.

Watch this space for more details.

No comments: